It has been a Mass center since 1952. Priests from Mirzapur Cathedral visited Himmatnagar and celebrated Mass in the home of one of the families and catered to the needs of the few Catholic families. Once Bhiloda center was established, the Jesuits took care of Himmatnagar together with the SMMI Sisters. From 1998 onwards Diocesan Priests from Nana Kantharia came to offer Mass on Sundays. SMMI Sisters continued from Bhiloda and had accepted Himmatnagar as their mission. The Parish was canonically erected in 1998 and in the same year Fr. Rocky D’Silva took up residence in a rented house. In 2002 the Primary School was started by the Parish with both English and Gujarati mediums.
In 2004, the Pre-PTC College was started and in 2005 the PTC section was added. But a few years later both had to close for want of students. Meanwhile, the St. Xavier’s Primary School grew and on 11th June 2012, the High School with both Gujarati and English mediums was started. The new Church was blessed on 27th January 2008. The parish currently has about 200 Catholic members.
Fr. Teles Fernandes (Principal)
Fr. Kanti Kattara (Principal, Gujarati Med.)
Weekly Mass: St. Joseph’s School, Vijapur